Katherine DiSavino’s Things My Mother Taught Me
Directed by David Nelms
- June 22 from 6:30-8:30 PM at The Village Players Theatre
- June 23 from 1:00-3:00 PM at The Village Players Theatre
Show Dates: September 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, & 15
Casting 7 Actors (3 men, 3 women, and 1 man or woman):
- Olivia Keegan (25-30+): Gabe’s girlfriend; energetic; neat; slightly OCD; an architect.
- Karen Keegan (50-60+): Olivia’s mother; works as a lawyer; impeccably dressed; very detailed planner. She and her daughter have issues.
- Carter Keegan (50-60+): Olivia’s father; in love with his iPhone and most other technology. He and Wyatt enjoy their time together.
- Gabe Lawson (25-30+): Olivia’s boyfriend; good-natured; a writer; very much in love; a dreamer.
- Lydia Lawson (50-60+): Gabe’s mother; retired psychologist; always thinking of what is best for her only child; a take charge kind of person; likes everything to be clean.
- Wyatt Lawson (50-60+): Gabe’s father; loves his son, marriage, golf and beer … but not always in that order. He is relaxed and easy going.
Max Mirowski (50-60+): Polish accent; building super; a person with connections;
sometimes struggles with the English language. May be played by a man or woman.
Actors will be asked to read sides from the script.
A modern-day romantic comedy. Olivia and Gabe are moving into their first apartment together.
They’ve just packed up all of their belongings and driven halfway across the country, to start a
new life together in Chicago. Their moving day doesn’t go exactly as planned, though, and things
become slightly more complicated when all of their parents show up to help! Can a two bedroom
apartment contain all of the love, laughs, worry, and wisdom that’s about to happen?
How we do auditions
Our auditions are all “cold reads,” meaning that no preparation is necessary. If you feel inclined to get a jump on the competition, many scripts are available at The Toledo Lucas County Public Library. Headshots and résumés are not required, however, they are always welcome. We provide a brief information sheet that you will need to complete in order to audition. So what are you waiting for?!
If you know of anyone who might like to be added to The Village Players’ email audition list, please subscribe to our newsletters. Thank you for your interest.